Associate Pastor Profile
Full Time Associate Pastor
ABOUT OUR CHURCH
First Baptist Nanaimo is a well-established church in Nanaimo BC. We have a thriving multi-generational congregation of approximately 450 people. We have a large volunteer base who work with our pastoral team to minister to all ages. Our vision is for people to KNOW Christ, GROW in their love for God and others and SHARE His gospel.
The Associate Pastor will have responsibilities in the areas of Family Ministries and Pastoral Support. Under the direction of the Senior Pastor, the Associate Pastor will encourage and equip our congregation for service in various church ministries and assist the Senior Pastor in preaching, visitation and ceremonial activities.
The successful candidate should be personable, compassionate, empathic, enthusiastic, organized and an effective communicator.
GIFTS AND ABILITIES
We are seeking a candidate that:
· Is able to develop leadership in others through training and discipleship
· Will collaborate effectively with Elders, Pastors and ministry teams
· Has a heart for evangelism and missions
· Has strong communication skills
· Is able to relate and minister to all ages
· Bachelor of Religious Education or equivalent
· Significant pastoral experience
· Eligible for membership at FBC Nanaimo
Salary and benefits will be based on current recommendations from the CBWC with consideration given to education and experience.
Pastoral Search Committee Chair Gail Hannah (email@example.com)