Pastor of Family Ministries
First Baptist Church exists for people to know Christ, grow in love for God and others and share His gospel. We are looking for an individual to provide vision and oversight for our family ministries (0-18 years). Ideally, the individual will exude a passion for the community and possess the ability to relate across generations. They must demonstrate a healthy, growing relationship with God.
We are a growing congregation of ~500 located in Nanaimo, BC with a long history. The church building is located in an area of town with great needs and potential as the town has grown around it. We are blessed with a children’s ministry bursting at the seams, and a healthy youth ministry that will benefit from strong input with huge potential for growth.
The successful individual will be hands on in ministry and also provide vision, organization and empower a large team of volunteers. The role will include vision casting, communication, leadership recruitment and training, strategic planning, community outreach, administration and other pastoral duties.
· A Christ-like character with healthy boundaries and self-care
· Regular practice of spiritual disciplines and a healthy prayer life
· Strong relationship skills
· Proven leadership abilities
· Ability to communicate with children and youth no matter the age, and effectively lead families in raising the next generation
· An individual of integrity who has a known reputation both within and outside the church
· Post Secondary degree in Biblical Studies or related education
· Full agreeance with our beliefs (https://fbcnanaimo.ca/our-beliefs)
· The ability to be licensed with the Canadian Baptists of Western Canada
· 5+ Years of Children, Youth and/or Family Ministry Experience
· Strong understanding of administration and systems in relation to vision
· Proven ability to implement broader church vision independently
· Experience and record of equipping leaders and working with teams
· Familiar and comfortable with technology (Church Management, Sign In, etc.)
Please send completed MIPs (https://cbwc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/MIP-2016.docx) and resumes to email@example.com